Tuesday, August 09, 2005

What's Love Got to Do With It...

... was going to be the title of a post I've been kicking around for the better part of a year on the topic of same-sex marriage.

Note that I say "same-sex marriage" rather than "Gay marriage" which strongly implies sexual orientation. The upshot is that the law wouldn't explicitly mention that two people need to love each other in a sexual way, and therefore wouldn't stop any two arbitrary individuals from wedding for the purpose of garnering some form of benefits.

Well... I was too late, so I can't say "I told you so". Two fellas up in Canada are planning to do it. And Kate from The Road Kill Diaries has an article on the story now.

I tried posting a comment, but the server's busy. I'll post it here:
Will the happy couple be registering at Canadian Tire?
and
Does the new Canadian Law have same-sex divorce worked out?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!