Monday, August 15, 2005

Strange Bedfellows in Crawford, TX

I haven't written much about Cindy Sheehan, the Vacaville, CA mom who lost her son last year in Iraq. People deal with loss in different ways, and in her case, she has immersed herself in the far left causes that she held even before the war began.

Today, though, I found an article on Rantburg describing as strange a political ally for Ms. Sheehan as can be in David Duke. From the second line of Mr. Duke's article comes this, er, nugget: "Courageously she has gone to Texas near the ranch of President Bush and braved the elements and a hostile Jewish supremacist media..."

I wonder how many of the assorted throng -- assorted in that they are tending to tout their own causes for the gathered media -- share the same anti-Jewish sentiments. I doubt we'll get a show of hands on the nightly news.

In the meantime, Sheehan's protest has apparently strained her 28 year marriage to the breaking point. The Smoking Gun has the August 12th filing. (They've been separated since June 1, actually.) I had wondered for the last week if there was a Mr. Sheehan. He has refused to comment publicly about his wife's actions, which explains why there haven't been many mentions of him.
(also via Rantburg)

UPDATE 2005-08-16 0900 EDT: Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. So wrote Ms. Sheehan to the editors of ABC's Nightline back on March 15. David Duke and Cindy Sheehan: Birds of a Feather? I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

(Christopher Hitchens wonders aloud about it, too. I know I'm going to read and learn.)

UPDATE to the UPDATE: LyfLines takes a look at what AP has chosen to run regarding Ms. Sheehan, and what portions of the public record they haven't mentioned. Interesting stuff.

Also "Open War" has been declared on Michelle Malkin. I'm not sure what they called the previous hate they spewed on her.

UPDATE to the updated UPDATE: James Tarranto has more information on Ms. Sheehan. Did you know that she has two other children, alive and well in California?

No comments: