Sunday, March 20, 2005

Could this be the finest woodworker in the world?

Dave Shaw -- "Dave in Cairns" -- has been commissioned by the Woodworkers of America to build a wooden hope chest. The chest will be auctioned off and the proceeds will go toward tsunami relief. Here it is as of mid-March. Check this out!

To say "I am not worthy" would be an understatement. You can check out more of the beautiful work the Genius-From-Downunder does (furniture, too) at his site: http://www.australianwoodart.com/.

2 comments:

KoryO said...

I wish I could do that, but I'm just happy that I haven't cut off any fingers yet. (Just started a woodworking class in January).

eLarson said...

Stop on by the WWA site (woodworking.org). The folks there are tremendously helpful. If nothing else, the pictures are inspiring.